Everyone seems to do top three or ten lists, but it’s July and seven’s a great number so here are my top seven reads so far this year:
1. Catherynne M. Valente: Palimpsest – A phenomenal urban fantasy that I said would remain a favorite back in February.
2. Anthology: Ravens in the Library – A magically, wonderful, and personal collection of sci-fi and fantasy.
3. Ursula Le Guin: the Lathe of Heaven – Eery sci-fi that’s one of Le Guin’s best works.
4. Vilhjálmur Stefánsson: My Life With the Eskimo – Surprisingly liked this Arctic ethnology/anthropology adventure better than originally anticipated.
5. Rachel Green: An Ungodly Child – I’ve been following the tales of Harold and Jasfoup for a few years so it was great to see this original, humorous urban fantasy published.
6. William Goldman: the Princess Bride – Fun to read, love the movie.
7. Wilkie Collins: the Moonstone – A classic mystery that made for great summer reading.
What are your best/favorite reads this year?